Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In the Beginning

As a psychologist, I have learned that some times when you get lost, it is a good idea to go back to the beginning when you knew where you were. Another thing I have learned is when you aren’t sure you understand what a person is saying, watch what they do.

The disciples watched Jesus and listened to him for three years, plus 40 days of teaching from the resurrected Jesus. So, when they began their work, I have to believe they did exactly what they were told to do. This is what I found in the Message translation:

Act 2:43 Everyone around was in awe--all those wonders and signs done through the apostles! Act 3:6 Peter said, "I don't have a nickel to my name, but what I do have, I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk!"
Act 3:7 He grabbed him by the right hand and pulled him up. In an instant his feet and ankles became firm.
Act 3:8 He jumped to his feet and walked. The man went into the Temple with them, walking back and forth, dancing and praising God.
and why stare at us as if our power or piety made him walk?
Act 3:13 The God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has glorified his Son Jesus
Act 3:16 Faith in Jesus' name put this man, whose condition you know so well, on his feet--yes, faith and nothing but faith put this man healed and whole right before your eyes.
by means of his name this man stands before you healthy and whole.
Act 5:12 Through the work of the apostles, many God-signs were set up among the people, many wonderful things done..
Act 5:15 They even carried the sick out into the streets and laid them on stretchers and bedrolls, hoping they would be touched by Peter's shadow when he walked by.
Act 5:16 They came from the villages surrounding Jerusalem, throngs of them, bringing the sick and bedeviled. And they all were healed
Act 6:8 Stephen, brimming with God's grace and energy, was doing wonderful things among the people, unmistakable signs that God was among them.

Doesn’t look at all like where the church down the street is going? Someone fiddled with the compass.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend!
I read the Article about your experiance with the Holy Spirit :-)
I read it 2 years ago. And somehow G
od wanted it that i find your blog again how have you been doing?

It would be great if you leave me a coment on my blog in english no problem. Croatians understand good english! God bless you my friend and take care :-)

http://vjeraufanjeiljubav.blog.hr/