Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Note to that christian fellow

I got really excited about your interest in growing in the Lord–actually a little too excited.  Last night, my wife and I were walking along and talking about your desire to have all God has to offer.  Suddenly, I hooked my toe on a rock, fell
face down on the brick path and broke my nose. Blood was spurting everywhere and of course really frightened my wife.

For years I have taken Tai Chi and am always promoting it for older people as a way of  being balanced and thus avoiding the dangerous falls that can happen to us who are elderly.  When I walk, I am always fully focused on where my body is in space and where my feet are planted.

So, this morning, my wife and I were asking ourselves what in the world were we talking about that caused me to lose my characteristic focus.  We remembered that in anticipation of trying to answer your question, we were trying to pinpoint what we knew about those who were successful in moving deeper into communion with God, as opposed to those who were not.

We had just decided that the major successes came to those who first were seekers–who wanted everything the Lord has for them–and who made that their major prayer.  (Matthew 7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:)   Secondly, many of the successful people, including ourselves, were those who had learned to shift consciousness from a mental search to a spiritual search  (Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.)Finally, if I were you, I would also be thanking the Lord for bringing that young woman into your life.  Sounds like He is out to carry you to levels you did not know He had.

(So, the devil may have tried to hurt me or worse, last night.  Obviously, it did not work, for here I am talking to you.)  We now join our prayers with yours and your girlfriend’s that you will soon know and you will know that you know that you know.

0 comments: