Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Themes

I will be away from my computer for a few days so it seemed like a good time to go back and revise some of my old posts. In doing so, I spotted some patterns in what I have been writing.
This post will be to point out the patterns in what I have written so far.
1. Trying to keep the main thing, the main thing. Jesus departed from earth leaving us our instructions. Mat 10:7-8 “And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils.”
I am concerned that because carrying out Jesus’ command has proved so difficult, the church has turned to just doing what it can do and not what it was ordered to do.
First,
Second
2. In a number of my posts, the operative word is hegemony. Hegemony is when one state assumes domination over another state. The word is used regarding political states, but can also be used to indicate states of consciousness. I stay alarmed at how many Christians are so naive as to how they have let the discursive, rational operation of the mind claim hegemony over the non-rational states of consciousness.
First,
Second
3. As a psychologist and priest, I am also addressing psychological problems people have with God and His Church.
First,
Second,
Third,
Fourth

0 comments: